While the classic beauty of hardwood floors can hardly be disputed, many consumers today are choosing laminate floors due to their growing reputation as the durable and practical flooring alternative. Regardless of your budget, design tastes, or lifestyle, there is a style of laminate flooring that will undoubtedly meet your needs. If a great price tag isn’t enough to help you make up your mind about a flooring solution, check out our top 5 reasons to make laminate flooring the choice for your home and family.
1. Range of Style: So, you thought that hardwood floors were the only way to ensure a high-end look in your home, right? Wrong! Laminates today come in a huge variety of colors and styles that will give your home that rich and beautiful look of wood, but at a much more reasonable price for homeowners who want to save a little green. In fact, there is probably no product which offers a greater range of flexibility in styles, colors, and designs when considering interior décor for the environment. You won’t have to sacrifice your taste for elegance by choosing h for your home or office.
2. Your Health: While carpeting in your home may seem warm and cozy, it can also offer a warm and cozy environment for many allergens which can plague a family with an array of health issues and costly visits to the doctor. One of the most notable benefits to choosing laminate flooring is your ability ensure a clean and healthy flooring surface for your family. The surface of a laminate floor is hard and smooth, offering very little room for dust particles, molds, and fungus to get trapped. If clean and healthy living is a concern in your family, then laminate flooring is an excellent choice for you.
3. Easy Installation: Whether you are a home improvement novice, or seasoned weekend warrior, installing laminate flooring should be a perfectly manageable DIY project, particularly if you are using the latest glueless, click & lock systems which easily snap into place. Also, laminate flooring can be installed over many existing floor types, which will help you accomplish the goal of beautiful new floors in your home in no time.
4. Durability: We’ve all walked across hardwood floors that are peppered with scratches, stains, and other imperfections, another reason why many people today are opting for the strength of laminates. People with pets or children will be especially interested in this topic, as laminate flooring features a very hard and durable finish on its top layer, making it dent, stain, and even moisture resistant. What’s more, many laminate flooring manufacturers today offer a 25-year warranty on their products, making laminate flooring a long-lasting investment.
5. Cost Effective: Let’s face it, this is probably the strongest reason for choosing laminate flooring in your home, as it usually offers the best value when considered over the long-term, especially when compared to other flooring materials. Hardwood flooring will require finishing treatments in the future, while the ease of installation and care required for laminate flooring is truly unmatched.
While the choice in a flooring solution for your home and family is ultimately a matter of personal preference and finance, laminate flooring certainly offers a great alternative for homeowners who hope not only to have beautiful floors, but also to add value to their home. Whether you decide on laminate flooring, hardwood, or even tile or vinyl, you can find an extensive selection of styles from the most respected manufacturers at FloorsUnlimited.com.